Sunday, February 6, 2011

You Don't Wan't to Let Fredrick Douglass Down, Do You?



realtalk: Frederick Douglass was an amazing freedom fighter who is unfairly maligned and ignored in American history today. I swear to one day name a beloved pet and/or black child after him.

Bonus points for the top-rated youtube comment:
I watched a documentary on Soul Train the other day. They interviewed Questlove and he said after this commercial he never let his fro look bad again. "Frederick Douglass didn't have to tell me but once."

3 comments:

whodey? said...

this made my morning. thanks, Joe.

The Last Unitard said...

Unfairly maligned? By whom? My white history book said he was a hero.

palejoe said...

There has been a decades-long struggle to clear Mr. Douglass' name of the slanderous charge that he had bad hair. It's only because of ads like this that we today know the truth.