Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day #7

White rappers are guilty of not giving good rap interviews. Name me one interview with a white rapper that comes close to such brilliance:

XXL interview w/ DMX

XXL: Are you following the presidential race?
DMX: Not at all.

XXL: You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama, and then there’s Hillary Clinton.
DMX: His name is Barack?!

XXL: Barack Obama, yeah.
DMX: Barack?!

XXL: Barack.
DMX: What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

XXL: Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.
DMX: Barack Obama?

XXL: Yeah.
DMX: What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

XXL: You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.
DMX: I ain’t really paying much attention.

XXL: I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…
DMX: Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

XXL: So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?
DMX: Nope.

(there's a great parody of this interchange in the pretty perfect first episode of The Boondocks' 3rd season, see 05:25 - 06:00)

Ghostface Killah interview on Swedish radio



(He's referring to his rapping on the second track off Supreme Clientele, Nutmeg. You see what happened one time was he went to Africa...)

N.O.R.E. Interview with Life Sucks Die Magazine

(probably the best rap interview ever given)

Excerpts:

(On full steezies)
Life Sucks Die- Okay, moving on...Describe the average day in the life of Noreaga.
N.O.R.E.- Well , I like full steezies. Do you know what full steezies is?
LSD- You might have to explain that.
N- A full steezie is a bitch that will suck your dick in front of your peoples. She doesn’t
really care, she’ll suck your dick in front of everybody. She’ll suck all your niggas
dicks...that’s basically my everyday plan. I find a new full steezie...I’m being honest
with you, ‘cause I know this ain’t getting to New York, so...You know, I piss on bitches.
[laughter] It’s nothing. I love full steezies. And even I like the full steezies that won’t
suck everyone else’s dick, but they’ll suck your dick in front of your man. I like those,
too. I’m very uncivilized. Then you got the ones that’ll suck your dick behind closed
doors, all day every day. Those are cool, too. It’s all full steezies, but there’s different
ways of being full steezie. That’s my everyday life. I discover a new full steezie every
other day. And I like to smoke a lot of marijuana. You got marijuana?
LSD- Not on me.
N- How the fuck you ain’t have no marijuana?

(My personal favorite)
N- We call each other “Slime.” We don’t call each other “son”, we call each other
“Slime.” That’s what each and every one of our individual is. A person that don’t buy
weed but wanna smoke weed. A person that don’t buy cigarettes, but wanna smoke
cigarettes. A person that don’t buy no liquor, but wanna drink all motherfucking day.
That’s each and every one of our peoples. So we call each other “Slime.” And we’re
“Off the Yelzebub.”
LSD- What?
N- We don’t say off the hook, we say “off the yelzebub.” Like BUCK WILD! Off the
yelzebub. Like jumping in the crowd like I do. I’m ghetto. I’ll jump in the crowd and
suck a bitches titties and make her suck my dick after. It’s nothing. And that’s another
thing we say. It’s nothing. It’s nothing.
LSD- It’s nothing.
N- It’s nothing.
LSD- Okay, I’m gonna give a quick round of short-answer questions. It’s nothing.
N- It’s nothing.
...
LSD- Optimist or pessimist?
N-[Pauses] Thugginest.
...
LSD- Yeah, yeah. [dumb laughter] Your favorite place to get head?
N- In the whip.
LSD- While you’re driving?
N- Yeah, it’s nothing.
LSD- Have you ever had sex while you were driving?
N- It’s nothing to say I don’t do that. It’s nothing to say I’m not that good of a driver.
LSD- Do you have a driver’s license?
N- It’s nothing to say I only got a permit. [hysterical laughter] I only have a permit, you
know, so I don’t want to stretch it.

It's nothing for me to say this was posted early Thursday morning, 2/17/11. Still counts as Day #7 though, slime. Ya smell me!?!?!

No comments: