Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Music Transcends Race, Hombre

As the credits started to roll on the latest episode of Eastbound & Down to The Slits’ cover of “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” I thought to myself, “damn, this show has some really awesome music, I wonder if I can find a compilation of it anywhere.” And of course, some soul out there in the mire of Internet fandom had done just that, for the first season of the show anyhow. I’ve trimmed the 26 tracks in this dude’s torrent to the 15 tracks I have been listening to non-stop over the past couple of days, and if you’re so inclined you can download them yourself here. From the sweet confession “Pour Man” by, as Schroeder puts it, “Lee Mothafuckin Hazlewood,” to Chapel Hill’s own Dynamite Brothers’ jam “In Time”, it’s enough to make you want to throw on “Sky Pilot (Part 1)” and roll up to your local elementary school to trip all of the fire alarms.


Tracklist:

1) Going Down – Freddie King

2) Miss X – MC5

3) Let My Baby Ride – R.L. Burnside

4) Changed the Locks – Lucinda Williams

5) Could Have Been a Lady – April Wine

6) Your Touch – The Black Keys

7) Black Betty – Ram Jam

8) In Time – Dynamite Brothers

9) The Organist Entertains – Tindersticks

10) For the Rest of Your Life – Drug Rug

11) I Feel Like a Child – Devendra Banhart

12) Pour Man – Lee Hazlewood

13) Love Will Turn You Around – Kenny Rogers

14) Sky Pilot (Part 1) – Eric Burdon & The Animals

15) Kiss the Sky – Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra

1 comment:

palejoe said...

Hey Guys this is my super-great friend Seth, he's blogging too. I mean, look at all that bitchin music he just picked!